MODEZ How to Update
Here you will find how to update MODEZ
- Download last version of item from Themeforest
- You can do it here
- Unpack it on your computer.
- Open your website in FTP client (I’m recommend FileZilla Client) and make BACKUP of your files (Copy all your website files to some safe and warm place on your computer). IT’S VERY IMPORTANT THING! Also you can backup your database before updating.
ATTENTION! If you have (or I am for you) already made custom changes in code of files (.css, .tpl, .php) — remember, that you if you need these changes you will need to make it again after updating.
- Go to updates folder. Open folder with version you need. Upload with replace all content to your shop via FTP client.
- Now you should go to Prestashop Back Office — Modules — RoyThemes Customizer — click ‘configure’ — Check and set all new theme settings in Customizer with latest 2.6 mark — Then click APPLY CHANGES — to make new features work.
If you use ORIGINAL MODEZ and update to 2.6 — go to modules find Roy Quick search block — install it, then disable Quick search block (by Prestashop).
- Go to Advanced Parameters — Performance — Clear cache (top-right corner)
If Search and Cart block (or any other) have not correct styles — go to Modules — Positions — find Header (displayHeader) hook — drag and drop Roythemes Customizer to the last position (even if it’s already there), then drag and drop Search and Cart modules to any position above. Prestashop will automatically save priority of modules styles after this move.