MODEZ How to Update
Here you will find how to update MODEZ
- Download last version of item from Themeforest
- You can do it here
- Unpack it on your computer.
- Open your website in FTP client (I’m recommend FileZilla Client) and make BACKUP of your files (Copy all your website files to some safe and warm place on your computer). IT’S VERY IMPORTANT THING! Also you can backup your database before updating.
ATTENTION! If you have (or I am for you) already made custom changes in code of files (.css, .tpl, .php) — remember, that you if you need these changes you will need to make it again after updating.
- Go to updates folder. Open folder with version you need. Upload with replace all content to your shop via FTP client.
- Now you should go to Prestashop Back Office — Modules — RoyThemes Customizer — click ‘configure’ — Check and set all new theme settings in Customizer with latest 2.6 mark — Then click APPLY CHANGES — to make new features work.
If you use ORIGINAL MODEZ and update to 2.6 — go to modules find Roy Quick search block — install it, then disable Quick search block (by Prestashop).
- Go to Advanced Parameters — Performance — Clear cache (top-right corner)
POSSIBLE PROBLEM SOLUTION:
If Search and Cart block (or any other) have not correct styles — go to Modules — Positions — find Header (displayHeader) hook — drag and drop Roythemes Customizer to the last position (even if it’s already there), then drag and drop Search and Cart modules to any position above. Prestashop will automatically save priority of modules styles after this move.
Here you will find how to customize MODEZ
- RoyThemes Customizer
- You can change design of theme with this module. Change colors, backgrounds, fonts, display/hide elements and almost everything you see.
- Roy Banners
- It allows to put banners everywhere.
Let’s try to put banner to left column for example:
1. Set Hook to Left
2. Upload your banner image file
3. Click Save
Now it’s here:
… and here:
You can change banner position by Modules — Positions, find your hook, and drag Roy Banners module by mouse.
- Revolution Slider
- You can change slides and create animations of layers with this amazing module.
You can find how to import home slider of modez theme in MODEZ installation guide above.You can find great guide how to customize Revolution slider and create animations in offline guide.
Envato page of Revolution Slider Prestashop Plugin:
- Roy info block
- Allows to put contact information blocks in the top section of theme. Better way is to edit existing blocks. Just click Edit
Change telephone number and click Save
If you want to change html code or icons — go to Tools — Source code
- Roy Social block
- It’s allow to add cute icons to your social accounts in footer. Just fill the links and click Save. Clear link to disable social network.
- Footer payment logos block
- It’s allow to show available payment methods of your store. In module configure page you can set destination page for the block’s link.
You can display / hide each payment icon in RoyThemes Customizer module — Footer section.
- Layered navigation block
- I want to tell you how to put layered navigation block filters to custom positions. For example, let’s put Price range slider to the top of filters block. Find it in Modules list and click Configure
Click Edit on existing template, or create new one.
Now drag Product price filter to the top of the list and click Save
- Social Login (by OneAll.com) (Do it if you want to have social login in your shop)
- First go to Modules list and find OneAll Social Login
Go Click here to setup your free account
And register the way you prefer.
After registration, copy and past to module settings those fields, and click Verify the API Settings
That’s all. You will need to setup every social network to do it work. Just follow instruction, when click on it on your shop autentification page.Here is some info:
- Roy Facebook Block
- Just change to your Facebook link.
- Smart Blog
- Smart Blog module contains some settings. There are 11 additional modules to Smart Blog module, that installed with MODEZ theme. If you don’t need any of them, just disable it.
You can find good documentation of Smart Blog here:
- Let’s see MODEZ layout
If you can’t find module in Modules list, look this table:
|Module label (also module folder name)
||Module name in Modules list
||Roy Themes Customizer
||My Account block
||My account block for your website’s footer
||User info block
||Quick search block
||Top horizontal menu
||Featured products on the homepage
||New products block
||Roy Info block
||Roy Social block
||Contact information block
||Footer payment logos block
||Layered navigation block
||Store locator block
||Viewed products block
||Roy Brands block
||Roy Facebook Block
MODEZ Installation guide
What you need to start:
— Clean Prestashop 1.6 +
— Purchased and downloaded MODEZ theme from Themeforest.net
Last version of Prestashop can be downloaded from the official website: http://www.prestashop.com/en/download
And here you can find Installation guide: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Installing+PrestaShop
Once the theme has been downloaded to your computer, you are now ready to install it to PrestaShop via the Back Office.
- Login Back Office
- Go to Preferences – Themes
- Click Add new Theme
Click Add file
Go to _new_installation folder and choose modez_original_installer.zip file
Click Save and wait…
ATTENTION! If you have 220.127.116.11 or higher version of Prestashop, probably you will see error: «File is too big!». You can fix this by either changing your file upload size limits or by uploading the theme via an FTP client.
a) You have to upload modez_original_installer.zip (or modez_digital_indtaller.zip) to yourshopfolder/themes/
b) Go to «Preferences > Themes» and click on the «Add new theme» at the top of the page.
c) Find «Import from FTP» section. Select modez installer and click «Save».
d) Continue to next step
(Try this video for more information http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sttmIbFCCTk )
- IMPORTANT! Open your web site via FTP client or via File Manager in your hosting panel.
Open in unpacked zip form themeforest _new_installation folder and upload override folder to your prestashop folder.
- Go back to your back office Preferences — Themes. You will see something like this. Now choose MODEZ icon and click Use this theme.
- There are the modules that must be installed, set to enable or disable. Click Save.
- And now click Finish.
- Go to Preferences – Images.
Go to the bottom of page, and click Regenerate Thumbnails
- Go to Advanced Parameters – Perfomance
Set Cache to NO, then click Save. And then click Clear cache.
- Go to MODULES and choose All
Find Roy info block in the modules list. Then click on popup arrow, and choose Reset.
You will see success message.
- Go to MODULES and click Add new module
Click ‘Choose file’ — and choose _new_installtion/premium modules/revsliderprestashop.zip
Click ‘Upload this module’.
Now ‘Install’ this module, then click Configure.
You will see configure page of Revolution slider module. Click Import Slider.
Now click Choose file and choose /slider/yourmodezlayout/_v5_and_above/homeslider.zip in modez archive folder. Then click Import with such settings.
It’s appear in the list. Now click Settings.
Choose Top Column Blocks in Display Hook select box.
And click Save settings at the bottom of page
You can add example left slider by the same way.
- Well done! We finished. Let’s go to front office page, and click Refresh in your browser.
a) Go to «Advanced Parameters > Perfomance» in your back office.
c) click Save.
Premium Prestashop Themes